Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quilt Camp March 2011

For some reason, it doesn't seem like I accomplished much this time around. I still need to unpack a few things and take pictures. I haven't done any sewing since getting back from vacation and camp. I brought up maybe three kits and a few quilt patterns but didn't do any quilting. I'm trying to whittle down some of my garment fabric. I need to get the sewing room under control so I brought garments to work on.

A while back, Jacqi got our table started on making mug rugs. Each retreat, someone is responsible for the fabric. It was my turn this time to bring the fabric. It's a heavy responsibility. If your fabric is a failure, trust me, the table will let you know. You also get heckled if your mug rug is over regulation size. (5"x5") The fabric is Yippee from Michael Miller. 
I have been wanting to make this sock monkey shirt for some time. It's fairly easy to do. I enlarged the pattern a little bit. My friend Pat used a slightly narrower satin stitch on hers. I think that looks much better than my wider stitch. You can find the tutorial here on Moda Home Mom.
The Irish Cutie is a pillowcase for my niece Kayla. It wasn't going to get to her in time, so I saved it to work on at camp. The font is from 8 Claws and a Paw. St. Patrick's day apparently isn't a big deal for fabric companies. It's slim pickens for fabric for this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment