Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Burp Cloth Tutorial

My goal was to work on this tutorial last year, but I'm close. I was only a few weeks late.  They're not too difficult. Basically you are making a flannel diaper then adding your embroidery. I prefer making flannel burps instead of using the Gerber birds eye diapers. Flannel gets softer and more absorbent with each wash.

I do want to mention that this is not an original idea from me. I saw a tutorial several years ago over on Sew Forum. My measurements are a little bit larger than the original tutorial. Click the Scribd link to get the PDF file for the burps. Enjoy!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/80040195

The haystack boy design if from Lynnie Pinnie.

The "E" is from the Jack and Jill Alphabet from Planet Applique. The font used for Ethan's name is Just Another Serif from 8 Claws and a Paw. Another great font from Julie and Joe.
The barn design is from Applique Alley.
Finally, this tractor is from Applique Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment