Monday, January 9, 2012

A Penguin for My Mom

I sent my niece a nice little care package right before the holidays. My mom was up from Florida and was at Brenda's house when the package arrived. My sister caught my mom looking into the box a few times. She thought that those little garments belonged to her. You see, my mom has Alzheimer's.  My sister called me to let me know that the package arrived and I should really make mom some things.

I figured that if she thought the little designs that I made for Kayla were hers, then I better make her something Kayla-like. I went to the store and came home with this chenille sweater. I decided that I had some cute penguin designs and I would try one of them. This design is from Hang to Dry Applique.

It was a little bit bulky stitching this up. Besides the thickness of the sweater, I used polar fleece and then a chenille plush for the little guy's face. Yes indeedy, very thick but my machine kept on chugging. In all seriousness, the machine is making a buzzing sound now so that is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment