Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Parisian Barbie Girl

A few weeks ago on SewForum.com, a member asked about having another sewing challenge. We decided to try the Double Layer Skirt pattern found at Everyday Chaos. You can find the tutorial here.

I set off to the fabric stores in search of fabric. I suppose I could have found something under my roof but I was in the mood for some fun fabric. It was at Hancock Fabrics that I found something that fit the bill. There I spied two bolts of Barbie fabric. Perfect.

I purchased the fabric, brought it home and tucked it away. With the wedding being about four weeks away, I had no intention of sewing up this outfit. That turned out to be a good thing. A couple of weeks later, I was shopping on fabric.com (courtesy of my friend Yvonne) and found one more Barbie print. Now the decision would be which of the three prints to use. I decided for the first skirt to use the poodle print from fabric.com and the underskirt is from Hancock's.

The embroidery designs are all from Planet Applique. Minky was used on the poodle. I think I should have chosen a darker fabric for the poodle applique. It looks a little light compared to the skirt. The pink t-shirt isn't a very good match either. Darn it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment