Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'm Back!

Where does a year go? Actually it's been about fourteen months since I last posted. I've been around. I've been busy but honestly not as busy as I've been in the past. What's happened to me? Well, I may have posted quite a while ago about some of my health issues. They are not serious and my issues are minor compared to what others have to endure in life. About five years ago, I started having sleep issues. This was caused by low ferritin levels. At my worst, I was down to two hours of sleep each night. I gained about 75 pounds the year I was at my worst. I was at sheer exhaustion pretty much every single day. I would come home and just sit. Even on the weekends. Eventually I would be diagnosed with sleep apnea. Fast forward now five years, I'm doing better but I told my doctor that I'm not the old me. I'm far from it. I've lost my motivation and my ambition. I've lost my desire to be busy after I get home from work. I've lost the desire to create. I've lost the desire to keep my house tidy.

I am going to try hard this year to shake off the bad of the last five years. No matter what, I need to move forward. I need to find from within the desire to create. I can't get the time back. I can no longer waste it. I have to push away the "I'm tired" mentality and just deal with it. I have rooms full of fabric, a computer full of embroidery designs and PDF patterns. I have machines. I have threads and notions. I gained a seven year old granddaughter last year and we are expecting a new granddaughter in June. I'm the luckiest person on earth. I need to celebrate. I need to not waste time. I need to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment