Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sock Monkey Fun

Maybe this title should be reworded to "What not to make for a craft fair". Let me tell you what I would do differently. For starters, no pockets on the pants. Yes cute detail but adds too much time. The applique is cute but also too much detail. There are way to many pieces on that applique. Finally, using corduroy for the pant ruffle. The fabric choice takes a little bit longer to sew. I priced this outfit at $35 which was very reasonable for the amount of time that was put into it. It did sell. I need to find time to stitch up the rest of the sock monkey corduroy then rework the outfit to make it more profitable.

 I sold this little sock monkey outfit at my first craft show. Last summer, I saw the cute sock monkey corduroy for sale at Hancock Fabrics. So I picked up a couple of yards. I really need to make another outfit and put it in my non-existent Etsy shop.

The sock monkey applique is from Designs by JuJu. 
The pant pattern is Britches and Bloomers. It's a great easy pattern. I just wish the sizing went higher than a size four. It can be used for both boys and girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment