Sunday, November 22, 2009

North Carolina





North Carolina is one of my favorite places to visit. I probably say that about a lot of places that I've been to. We try to get down to North Carolina every 2-3 years. I think we went about 4 years since our last visit. I love to visit the Biltmore mansion in Asheville. Our time was short so we weren't able to visit the Biltmore this time through. The architecture is stupendous. When I roam the mansion, I can envision all the Victorian ladies coming to the mansion for parties.

We were lucky to be there for fall colors. The mountains were beautiful. We spent a couple of nights over near Charlotte and decided to spend an afternoon on the University of North Carolina-Charlotte campus. On an earlier visit, I took Taylor and Whitney here while Jeff was in meetings. I thought that Jeff might like to hike thru the gardens. There are several greenhouses next to the 10 acre gardens. The greenhouses are divided up naturally with orchids, desert plants, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment