Here is a fun little design from Katelyn's Kreative Stitches. I used silver sequin fabric for the lenses.
I had an issue with this design. From this picture, you can see that the black satin stitches were stitched out first. The the pink satin stitch is placed completely on top of the black. In my book, this is a complete waste of thread, time and wear and tear on the machine. That is a lot of stitches to cover. I've stitched out other designs from this company but this is the first that I've noticed this.
I'm a working mom who has a few too many hobbies. I've been sewing since 4th grade, making some pretty rough looking Barbie clothes by hand. I think I moved to the sewing machine around 7th or 8th grade. I've taken very few sewing classes. Because I spent a lot of years in Catholic school, I only had about 3 months of sewing in Home Ec. Most of what I've learned has come from the library, the internet and my friends.