Monday, March 15, 2010

Bonjour! Je m'appelle Gigi.



I'm new to the neighborhood. When I signed up for this gig, I knew that it wasn't Paris, but come on. There's no great architecture. No boutiques. No sidewalk cafes. No men. Mon Dieu! I didn't know that I would be so lonely. Do you know that the girls at Dior have their own room? Yes, a room just for models. I can only wish. I have to share space in the atelier flou. Kind of hard to relax with all that fabric taking up space and the machines humming. There's no room to sit.

You will have to excuse my hokey undergarments. I'm kind of embarrassed about them. The gals over at Project Runway have expensive undergarments. Why can't I have designer lingerie like they have? I can just hear my parental unit now saying "If the other girls were jumping off the Oneida Street bridge, would you do it also?" Oh well. I've been told that there are good things to come. That is the important thing about a model. It's how I show and sell the garment. It's not about what I'm wearing underneath. I'm anxious to get this show on the road. I can't wait to see what I'll be modeling. I hope you're in the front row. By the way, is there a chocolat shop around here? I simply adore chocolat.

À bientôt.

Gigi

2 comments:

  1. We used to name our manequins in college LOL.. not sure if that's what you're getting at... We gave them french names too which is very ironic lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. .... that was very weird mom. I don't know what else to say haha. it doesn't look that bad.

    ReplyDelete