Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fabric.com Equals Love

Every single day I receive an email from fabric.com. That's ok with me. It's not spam. They have a different special every day hence the frequent emails. Well over a week ago, the special of the day was an additional 30% off clearance prices. What's not to love about that. Well off I went to see if there were any treasures.

Right out of the gates, I spied this wonderful polka dot print from Michael Miller. I love polka dots. Like black and red, I considered them to be neutral. Polka dots seem to work with just about any quilt or children's garments. This print looks so whimsical to me.

I continued my search for bargains. I scored a Kaffe Fassett print. I'm thinking eventually that piece will be used for a child's frock. It's a directional design so I don't think I'll be putting it into a quilt. Maybe the best score was a vibrant, plaid seersucker fabric. Lot of colors, fushia, green, blue.

After a while of flipping screens, I decided to narrow my search. I typed in "cowboy" and brought up four pages of cowboy and western prints. I ended up adding two prints to the shopping cart. Well, ok, maybe those weren't on clearance. I saw the cowboy word print and thought that this piece would work in my quilts, clothing or crafts. Now that I have this wonderful little gem under my roof, I don't know if I'll be able to cut into it. Isn't that the problem with so many quilters and fabriholics? Ya just can't cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment