Saturday, December 25, 2010

FSL Ornaments

I don't do a lot of free standing lace designs. I really don't need multi-colored lace bowls and doilies around my house, but too each his own. I do like the ornaments though. When I can, I like to include a handmade ornament on a gift. The designs are from Stitch Delight. I'm quite happy with them. I made the peacock ornament for Joshua. I was afraid to try the design with metallic thread. Metallic thread is known to shred and cause major frustration. I decided to slow the machines speed down by three notches. I stopped the design when it was time to switch to the metallic thread and inserted a metallic needle. Perfect results. I think slowing the speed really help the thread from not shredding. I'll have to make some more of these. The metallic thread is so expensive so it's nice to have something to use it on. There are some loose threads on the ornaments. I probably should have trimmed everything up before I took the picture.

2 comments:

  1. where did you buy those???? they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micha, Here you go:
    http://www.stitchdelight.net/proddetail.asp?prod=SD631

    http://www.stitchdelight.net/proddetail.asp?prod=SD635
    I get an email I think weekly from her. She usually puts 30 sets on sale for $1.00. It would be worth it to sign up and watch for the Christmas ornaments to go on sale.

    ReplyDelete