Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pillowcases for Kayla















If you love buying fabric like I do, you tend to overbuy especially when you find fabrics on clearance. I have a lot of Christmas fabric. When you can buy it at 75% off after Christmas, I don't even hesitate. If it's a cute print, it's mine. The problem is what do you do with all the novelty fabric?

I decided to make Kayla a pillowcase for each month of the year. That should cover most of the major holidays and I have fabric in my stash for those holidays. The first two months were November and Christmas. Her favorite is the turkey pillowcase. That surprised me. Is it because her name is on it?

I was trying to clean out pictures and realized that I hadn't posted these yet. The font used for Kayla's name is Tinker Toy. The "I Believe" design was a freebie from a Sew Forum member.

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading your posts on the pillowcases and it is such a cute idea - just LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shannon! There is so much fun novelty fabric out there but I don't want to make quilts out of all of it! One day I was looking at my Halloween fabric that I had just got on clearance and wondered what I was going to do with it. The "Pillowcase of the Month Club" was born. I get my fun fabric fix and a quick project and my little niece gets a surprise in the mail.

    ReplyDelete