Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Little Mummy Girl

I saw this design when Applique Corner first introduced it and thought it would be super cute for my little niece. Well today was the day for the stitch out. Let me tell you, it is a lengthy project. I have a "home" embroidery machine, not a multi-needle machine. It would have been far easier on a multi-needle.

When I embroider knit tops or onsies, I turn them inside out then spray baste them to my hooped stabilizer. I can't tell you the difficulty in trying to place these little 1/2 inch strips on the design while the shirt is inside out. I used a little bit o Scotch tape to hold some of the strips. I would have loved to have taken pictures of the process but that certainly would have increase the time in the studio today.

Don't you like her shoes? Every Halloween diva needs a pair of snakeskin shoes, don't you think! I know our little diva would like them!
 I do like the little shirt now that it's done. I wasn't so sure about it during the middle of the process. Let's hope my niece likes it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment