Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pattern Shopping This Week

What a week it was for pattern sales. I only picked up a few patterns. The big deal this week was that both Joann Fabrics and Hancock Fabrics had Burda patterns on sale. I honestly can't think of a time when that has happened.

 I was in New York City over Labor Day weekend and I picked up a copy of Burda Style Magazine. That was on my "to purchase" list. I found it at my first stop. The magazine had a feature on Folkwear. I didn't really take the time to examine if these patterns are the same or different than what's in the magazine. They were on sale for $2.49 which is a great price so I picked them up anyway. This little girls dirndl is Burda 9509.
I'm not sure when I'll need a pattern for lederhosen but hey, one never knows. When you're German, you probably should have this in your pattern stash. This is Burda 9508.


 I already in my possession have a ladies dirndl pattern. One of these days, I'll blog about that. Like a said earlier, at $2.50 a pattern, didn't want to pass this pattern up. This pattern does have a wider range of sizes than my other pattern. This is Burda 7443.
I purchase a really pretty lime green chenille boucle at Paron Fabrics when I was in NYC. I think this is the perfect skirt for the fabric. Unfortunately, I bought all that was left on the bolt. I think I have enough for the skirt but not the jacket so I'll have to do some searching to find some complimentary fabric for the jacket.
Finally, this is McCall's 6274. I have some plans in the works for this one but you may not see it until next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment