Friday, May 4, 2012

Pillowcases for Connor

 Here are a couple of pillowcases I made for my nephew Connor. The superhero fabric was found at Fabric World down in Stone Mountain, GA. I had the good fortune of hearing about a truckload sale there and as luck would have it, I would be vacationing in the area. Yeah for me! Anyway, all the cotton fabric was $2/yard. Yep, can't beat that now can you! The polka dot fabric I bought at Hancock's last year during their summer clearance sale. Since I really didn't know any super hero sayings, I decided to not embroider anything on the band.
The fabric for the Star Wars pillowcase was purchased at Joann's. I WISH it cost me $2/yard. Unfortunately, it was a lot more. I really don't understand why Joann's feels their fabric is worth more than the quilt shops. Enough of that rant!
Both the light saber design and the font were purchased off of Etsy. Can you see the metallic threads that were used? I had a minor problem with shredding but I was able to get the project finished without too much frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment