This is what I've been up to the last two weeks. Yes, it took exactly two weeks to sew the hem and the lace on.
The hem took about a half a day. I ripped out part of the hem and had to redo it. Remember waaaaay back when I cut out the satin? I took the excess fabric and added it to the skirt. I didn't add any to the front but I did start the increase about six inches from the side seam. Well, all that had to come off. Because I'm not a couturier in real life, I don't always know what I'm doing. In order to make a graceful slope from the front to the back, all that extra fabric had to be cut off. Oh well. That didn't bother me as much as I thought. What bothered me is that because of the excess fabric, my slope is a little wonky at the side seam. Don't ask me how that happened. I'm being brave by posting the underside of the garment. You can see how the hem is wavy. And I have excess fabric in the hemline. I had no issues with the rest of the hem, just at this one particular seam.
My estimate for the time spent on the lace was about 30 hours. The lace is heavily beaded. I could not do a simple basting stitch. In order to get the lace to lay correctly, I had to lay it out on the floor. I only work on three to four scallops at a time. I then had to pin the heck out of it. In certain parts of the hem, excess lace had to be cut out so the lace could lay flat. I'm taking a flat piece of lace and trying to curve it with the curved train.