Here is the dress for our little princess Kayla for the wedding. The pattern that I used is Vogue 7819. The only change that I made to the pattern was to use an invisible zipper versus a normal zipper. This pattern is not for the faint of heart. The fabrics used are difficult due to the unraveling edges. There is also a lot of gathers, a lot. The fabrics that I used is silk dupioni and silk organza. The dress consists of one lining/slip with tulle, one layer of dupioni and three layers of silk organza. That is a lot to put into a gathered seam.
Whitney and I decided to go with all white. The bridesmaid dresses are latte. That is one difficult fabric to match. There was a store in NYC that had lot's of silk dupioni. The man I spoke with told me to email him a picture and he would match up the color. The color of the dress just wouldn't come through in the photo though so we scrapped the matching idea.