Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Princess Lucy



Pat's grandbaby is turning two. Last month, I told her that I could do a little birthday design for her. Last week, she sent an email asking about the design. Pat was going to make a tutu for Lucy and she was thinking about either a ballet or princess design. Pat sent a picture of Lucy lounging in a chair. She definitely needed a princess design.

I have been wanting to stitch out this design. I will be using on a t-shirt for a co-workers little girl but I haven't had time to do that yet.

Pat had given my three different onsies to pick from. She hand-dyed two of the onsies. I decided to pick the tie-dyed one. Now the chore was to find some applique material and thread that would balance the outfit out. Pale thread just wasn't working with the fuschia color. So I had to switch to darker thread. The green thread is looking a little funny in the picture. It was darker than what is on the picture. I think the green looked ok.

The design is from Belle Couture or Embroitque.com. There is some creative ruching designs on this website. I'll save those for another day.

I hope the princess likes the outfit. Aren't kids lucky now a days to have such fun play clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment