Saturday, April 3, 2010

Paper Bodice Take One

This is the start of the bridal gown. I decided to work up the bodice in Swedish Tracing Paper. You can actually sew this paper together. I'm glad I did a mock up in paper, even before I started a muslin. I don't know if you can tell, but the princess seam lines do not lay over thebust apex. The arm holes are too small and I think the length of the bodice is not correct. So, I'm going to make another paper bodice. I'll move it up a size and see if I like how things lay. I also need to do a little more chiseling on the neckline. It is still a tad to high. Then we'll graduate to muslin.

No comments:

Post a Comment