Friday, April 2, 2010

Quilt Retreat March 2010







It was retreat time once again. I think this was one of my most productive retreats ever. Lately I haven't been happy with my free motion quilting. My friend Pat had found these little silicon washers that you put under the bobbin. Apparently, machines with a drop-in bobbin have more issues than the vertical bobbin. Well, I used the Magic Bobbin along with my new spring foot and I finally had success. I was able to finally finish cowboy quilt #2. Hooray! I also started to machine quilt Lauren's Christmas quilt. I had to wait until I got up to camp so I could use the large space to pin her quilt.

In addition to quilting, I made a few items for Jacqi's new shop. I worked on a little pair of boys cargo pants. I made three pair of little girls ruffled pants. I also bartered for fabric. I know, like I don't already have enough. I walked by Gretchen as she was cutting some fabric and thought it would be a fun piece to make a little outfit out of. So we struck up a deal. I made her little 3 year old a twirl skirt and I got to keep the rest of the fabric. The fabric is tie-dyed with multicolored thread running thru it.

I also finished up my mug rug for this retreat. I still don't have the binding on the mug rug from last time. That mug rug is also too large. I may have to trim it down.

I thought I had taken a picture with more shop samples but I didn't see it on my camera. Several of us had worked on samples for Jacqi. There were so cute items made out of really cool prints. I can't wait to see how they are all displayed in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment