Sunday, October 16, 2011

Basketball Again!

I used both of these basketball designs last month. This time, I used the "real" basketball vinyl that I found on the Joann's clearance shelf. The new vinyl certainly a more authentic look. However, the last basketball t-shirts I used a flannel backed tablecloth vinyl. I think it still had the look of a basketball and it was easier to stitch on. The new vinyl that I purchased has little bumps on it, just like a basketball, but it's more difficult to get coverage.

I made these shirts for my nephew Donovan.
Here is a side by side comparison of the two fabrics. The true basketball vinyl is on the right. I think I have almost a yard of this stuff. That should last me for quite some time seeing you only need between three and five inches for an applique!

No comments:

Post a Comment