Sunday, October 16, 2011

New York, New York

For our anniversary trip this year, I was lucky enough to do two things. The Adirondack Mountains have been on my To See list for some time now. It was absolutely beautiful. Please, if anyone ever says anything disparaging about New Yorkers, don't believe them. We met the most wonderful people and had a fantastic time in such a beautiful spot.

The second wonderful place we went was into New York City to see our daughter Lauren. You know what's ahead for me don't you? The garment district or as it's called now, the Fashion District. One entire day of feet brutality. I could barely get out of bed the next day due to all the walking. I had a list of maybe six to eight must go to textile shops. We walked by so many shops and my husband kept asking if I wanted to go in. I told him I had to tackle my list, if there was any time left, then I could do some extra shopping. 
Our day started at Parson's School of Design then ended at FIT for the Sporting Life exhibit. I yelled for Tim Gunn but apparently he didn't hear me. It was a fabulous day even though I wasn't able to get Tim's attention.

At the end of our day, we walked back to my daughter's office. Her office is just across the street from the Empire State Building.

No comments:

Post a Comment