Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Final Prom Dress





The final prom dance arrived last night. It was bittersweet. I drag my feet getting started on the dresses. I do enjoy picking out the fabrics and trims. I'm always so fearful that I will mess something up and have to start over. Taylor and I picked out the fabric in about 10 minutes. She's pretty particular on fabric and color. It did take a few trips to find the trim for the bodice. It so happens that I bought brown lace on clearance at Hobby Lobby. It was perfect! The fabric was a plummy taupe and when you put the brown lace on top of the fabric, it looked like it was dyed to match. We did have some problems with fit. The waist was about 3 inches too big. I solved that problem by tacking the excess fabric down like a bridal bustle. Hey, there was no way I was going to dismantle the dress so close to prom. Taylor and I agree that it's our favorite dress of all of them that I made for her.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very pretty dress. I love the plum color.
    < 3
    It's cool that you're a DIY sewer. I always wish I had more time to do bigger projects, but somehow procrastinating always gets the better of me, and I spend the week before I need it doing everything. Hahaha.

    Anyway, thanks for sharing the project!

    ReplyDelete