Sunday, May 3, 2009

Prom Tablescape






I was having difficulty figuring out what I was going to do to decorate the table for prom dinner. I didn't want it to look too much like a wedding reception. The theme for prom was Arabian Nights and we served an Italian menu. Hmmm, what to do. I talked with one of my co-workers. He loves to decorate and is very good at it. He sent me an email about 30 minutes after I told him I was at a loss for an idea. He thought I should try to marry the two themes and sent me pictures of a Moroccan tablescape. Perfect. Now the problem was to see if I could find something in Appleton. I checked out Hobby Lobby, World Market, Pier One and Gordman's. As it turned out, the last place I went was Gordman's and they had what I needed on clearance to boot! Thanks David!

Now that I had the lanterns home, I needed to decide what to put with them. The morning of prom, I took the leftover dress fabric and made a tablerunner. I also used the fabric that we bought but didn't use for the dress and added that around the lanterns. I could kick myself because I didn't get enough pictures and I was knee deep in the dinner preparations that I forgot to light the candles in the lanterns. Duh, that was the focal point and I messed that up. So here is my dining room. We call it the Hemmingway room because it has items in there from our travels. Now, you add the Moroccan theme with my Amish table and this is what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment