Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Venice Day 1 and 2

Here we are at dinner last night. We had spaghetti cabanara. The pasta had cream, bacon and ham in it. I took a picture of the Venice police officers. Something must have been going down or some dignitary must have been in town yesterday. On one block, there were 4 police officers on all the corners.

We (me) have been having difficulty with the computers here. I have a language barrier and a keyboard barrier to overcome. The last two places, we had a European keyboard so the symbols are in different areas and I kept hitting Arabic symbols so it takes about 3 times the time to get something typed. Yesterday we found a copy shop and asked about email. They had a computer there available for rent. Unfortunately, when I got on, Windows was in Italian and I couldn't figure out how to reduce my pictures. There was a young man there named Marcello. It sounded like Marcello was the computer expert but he didn't speak English, neither did the shop owner or another helper. Luckily, we had Mitsu from Japan who spoke several languages. He was able to get us going and had Marcello reduce my pictures. Mitsu is a sports writer for a Japanese magazine. His job is to cover Italian soccer. So in the future, if you see some rough writing or pictures, it's because I'm working in another language. We were actually rushed also yesterday because students wanted to use the computers.

We are having a great time. Seeing Venice from the air was amazing. So far, we've had gelato each day. I had some great pizza. I'm having a little problems I think with the smoke. Hopefully, the allergies will clear up soon Love to all.




















1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you let kim near those birds... I bet you were freaking out though

    I miss you

    ReplyDelete